XterraWeb’s editing service is a combination proofreading and copy-editing service provided at an affordable, reasonable rate. We know authors want a high quality service at a reasonable rate and we don’t believe that authors should be charged separate and sometimes very expensive rates for both proofreading and copy-editing services.
Our rates are based upon the book publishing industry standard of a book page. These standards state that one page is the equivalent of approximately 250 words based upon a page that is double-spaced, in a 12-point font, with one-inch margins on all sides.
We recognize that each manuscript is unique, and provide our combination proofreading and copy-editing service at an affordable rate based upon the complexity of the manuscript and the extent of editing required.
Rates range from $1.35 to $2.15 per page (or 250 words). The rate is determined through a required, free sample edit of 2,000 words. We have provided a table below reflecting the $1.35 – $2.15 per page (or 250 words) rate for different page counts/word counts to help authors see just how reasonable and affordable our rates are.
Rates effective as of January 1, 2016.
|250||1||$1.35 – $2.15|
|1,000||4||$5.40 – $8.60|
|10,000||40||$54.00 – $86.00|
|20,000||80||$108.00 – $172.00|
|30,000||120||$162.00 – $258.00|
|40,000||160||$216.00 – $344.00|
|50,000||200||$270.00 – $430.00|
|75,000||300||$405.00 – $645.00|
|100,000||400||$540.00 – $860.00|
Payment & Editing Details
If you have any questions about the information provided below, please feel free to contact us.
- All editing slots are scheduled based upon availability on the editor’s calendar. Future editing dates will be reserved and guaranteed once the initial payment and signed contract are received.
- Manuscripts must be submitted in final draft format. The manuscript must be in 12-point Times New Roman font, double-spaced, and with 1-inch margins.
- Sample edits and/or manuscripts via our online contact form or through e-mail.
- Authors may submit their manuscript when they initially order editing services, or they may submit their manuscript once they have received the first invoice and the editing agreement/contract.
- Payment will be made through PayPal either using your PayPal account or a credit card via the invoice e-mailed to you.
- You will receive two invoices (each will show the total editing service fee) – the first invoice (first half of total editing fee) will be sent before editing begins and the second invoice (second half of total editing fee) will be sent once editing is completed .
- Editing will begin on the scheduled date and will not begin until payment of the first invoice (50% "deposit") and the signed contract are received.
- Manuscripts will be returned once payment of the second invoice is received.
Agreement & Contract Details
If you have any questions about the information provided below, please contact us.
- Upon a request for editing services, we will send you an e-mail with information regarding the editing service, payment information, and editing contract/agreement.
- An editing contract/agreement will be attached to this e-mail requiring you to type your "signature" and return. This will denote your agreement and contract for editing services.
- Some of the information included in the editing contract/agreement will be the service being provided, your information, fee and payment information, and our non-disclosure/confidentiality policy.
- Invoices will be e-mailed separately through PayPal.