Without authors, we wouldn’t have books to read. Books mean different things to different people. Books can be a way to discover new worlds, people, and places. Books can teach us new things. Books can be an escape from reality. Books can give us experiences we might normally never experience. Books can evoke feelings.
With as much as a book can give a reader, shouldn’t we show appreciation to the authors who have given us these gifts?
Appreciation for authors could be contacting the author and letting the author know how much you enjoyed their book and why. There are many ways to show appreciation for an author by supporting them.
- Join their fanpages and participate.
- Leave reviews (Amazon, Goodreads, blogs, Facebook pages, etc.).
- “Like” or “follow” on Amazon, Facebook, and other sites.
- Purchase their work and avoid pirating sites.
- Sign up for newsletters and follow blogs.
- Share links and tell your friends.
Special Note From XterraWeb
As both an editor and a reader, we appreciate authors not only for the wonderful books we can read but for the privilege to be a small piece of the journey an author’s book takes.
One way we show appreciation and support for the authors we have worked with is on our blog with a list of the authors we have worked with, their author links, and their book links.
Check out some of the amazing authors we have worked with and their books on our Project List.