- Often referred to as a “vanity publisher.”
- Better royalties than traditional publishing but less than self-publishing.
- Author must pay upfront fee for a package of services.
- Service provider will only do what has been paid for.
- Any and all work is accepted, regardless of content/quality.
- Author doesn’t have to find services.
- Author only needs to be able to write a check or make a credit card payment.
- You get what you pay for.
- Publisher tries to sell you services you “must” have, which have little value.
- Books published this way are often seen as lower quality.
- Some publishers have a poor reputation, which may reflect on the author.