Share this post
- Partner provides marketing and industry expertise.
- No upfront fee is needed, but advance is unlikely.
- Author must go through a selection process with specific criteria and may be rejected.
- Author is a partner with an agent, publisher, and/or other author collective.
- All revenue and risk is shared.
- Author can focus more on writing and less on the business end (marketing, obtaining services, etc.).
- Lower risk than self-publishing.
- Better royalties than traditional publishing.
- Benefit of experienced and knowledgeable partner in publishing industry.
- Contracts may vary widely, and you may need to hire an agent/attorney to read and review contracts.
- Some partners only offer distribution and administration services.
- May be hard to determine if partner is doing enough to earn their share of revenue.